Movie Trailers and such

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Butterfly Effect -- 2004 -- R

I read the screenplay for this film quite some time ago, and I had high hopes for this one. It did not disappoint. This is a serious thrill ride with some solid characters ad a killer plot that is very clever as long as you don't think about the implications too much.

There are actually two versions of this film, each one with a different ending. The theatrical cut has a happy ending, while for the director's cut, they decided to go a bit on the edge, and give it a nasty, ugly ending. While I can say I've been a bit of a sap and like the happy endings, I seriously hate this director's cut ending. I love the film, but the ending really stinks.

So, I've decided I need the director's cut with the theatrical ending. This just means I need the mix-n-match edition, right? ;D

Anyway, this was a great psychological thriller that ran really well with some solid characters and tackles some of the big what-if questions in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment